HRMC (a human capital consulting firm) has been retained by our client, Rawlings Sporting Goods, to manage the entire search process to hire an experienced Director of Benefits and Compensation. So, if you are an experienced benefits and compensation leader and would like to work for the #1 Baseball Company in the World…this may be your opportunity.
Rawlings Sporting Goods is an international baseball products icon and is the official glove, ball, & helmet supplier for Major Leagues Baseball (MLB). Rawlings now specializes in baseball and softball clothing and equipment, producing gloves, bats, balls, protective gear, batting helmets, uniforms, bags, as well as apparel and accessories.
The Director of Benefits & Compensation will manage all benefits and compensation processes and services including full-scope benefits administration, plan review and design for 850 employees in multiple states within the U.S. Updates and maintains compensation grade structure and provides hands-on analysis of competitive market rates. This role is part of a six person HR team operating within a hybrid work environment, reporting to the SVP of Human Resources.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages all aspects of all health and welfare plan administration (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, etc.) including open enrollment, liaison interface for employees/vendors, completion of census requests, etc.
- Serves as point of contact for and benefit partners/vendors, including weekly Benefits Broker calls to stay on top of all benefits and retirement related issues.
- 401(k) Plan Administrator – manages year-end testing, annual audit and 5500 process, and employee financial wellness.
- Administers leave policies to ensure compliance with FMLA regulations. Works with disability carrier to track STD and LTD claims regarding payroll processing.
- Provides payroll review/audit function for salaried and hourly payrolls after each transmission; data entry of HRIS transactions for salaried personnel. Also conducts annual bonus preparation and payment processing.
- Supervisor to Payroll & Benefits Administrator; exposure to payroll processing strongly preferred.
- Analyzes effectiveness of existing compensation policies, guidelines, and procedures. Recommends plan revisions which are cost effective and consistent with compensation trends and corporate objectives. Ensures plan design and administration remains in compliance.
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities:
- Proficient data base and Microsoft office skills. Strong Excel and Visio (Org Charts) skills preferred.
- Proven ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Strong writing skills, e.g., sentence structure and flow (presentations, etc.).
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills. Approachable and friendly demeanor.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to complete multiple tasks concurrently.
- Extremely accurate and detail-oriented
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field preferred, or commensurate applicable experience in specific HR function.
- Preferred certifications include SPHR/PHR, SHRM-SCP/SHRM-CP, CEBS, CCP, CBP, or similar HR/Total Rewards credentials.
- 8 - 10 years of applicable experience in HR including direct compensation and benefit plan administration experience.
- Experience with payroll and HR systems (ADP Workforce Now strongly preferred).
- Working knowledge of COBRA, ADA, FLMA, HIPPA administration, and other required compliance areas.
- Strong HR Generalist experience and willingness to provide support across the department.
- Good understanding of compensation theory and practice including job evaluation, salary administration and knowledge of federal/state regulations related to compensation.
- International payroll experience a plus (specifically Canada, Latin America & Asia).
- Competitive Salary and Bonus Plan
- 401(k) matching
- PTO (paid time off) and Paid Holidays
- Life, AD&D, Short-term & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Health Reimbursement (HRA) & Flexible Spending (FSA) Accounts
- Work within a fun, collaborative culture.
Travel to distribution center/plant locations may be required.
This job description is not complete. More details will be provided to candidates during interviews.