This St. Louis based steel products manufacturer and fabricator is a dynamic high-growth, people-centric company with 200+ employees in production, warehousing, and distribution operations across several U.S. states. If you are looking for a company to reward you for your performance…look no further!
This employer has operated under an Open Book Management philosophy for over 20 years (sharing financial info with employees) and became a 100% Employee-Owned Enterprise several years ago. Find out what it is like to work with forward-thinking and progressive senior leaders.
(HRMC, a human capital consulting firm, has been retained to manage the entire search process for this employer. To learn more about this role, or to apply, visit: https://hrmcglobal-team.freshteam.com/jobs).
As a member of the Senior Management Group, the Safety/EHS Director is responsible for the review and improvement of policies and practices regarding injury prevention, workplace safety, and ensure consistent compliance across all departments and locations. This person will possess a collaborative working spirit and passion to create, inspire, and maintain a “Safe Thinking” culture through facilitation and support of safety initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Policies / Procedures
- Partner with department heads to outline proper EHS protocols, plans, initiatives, and ensure safety policies are consistently adhered to at all locations.
- Coordinates directly with subcontractors and vendors to communicate required safety procedures.
Inspections / Compliance
- Develops and implements a schedule of inspections to identify safety, health, and environmental risks.
- Investigates and documents "incidents" as to root cause, takes corrective action, and establishes procedures for incident prevention.
- Maintains in-depth EH&S documentation, records of discharge or employee exposure to hazardous waste and/or pollutants, as required.
- Ensures compliance with State and Federal OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) requirements. Serves as key contact/point person for all OSHA communications.
- Audits various safety program elements for effectiveness.
- Prepares, schedules, and delivers training to cover emergency procedures, workplace safety, health, and other relevant topics for all areas of the company.
- Ensures that material safety data sheets are maintained and readily accessible when needed. Maps out annual training plans for management, supervisors, foremen and field personnel
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal), and ability to interact effectively with a diverse workforce and at all organizational levels.
- Collaborative interpersonal skills, emotional intelligence, and respect for diversity. Superb analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient in technology/equipment used in environmental inspections, and Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Teams, Word, One Drive, Outlook).
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required: Environmental Safety, Occupational Safety and Health, or related field. Master’s desirable.
- Preference for applicable EHS related professional certifications (CSP, OSHA, ASP, CSM, CIH, CHMM, CHST, etc.).
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in leading Safety operations. Multi-facility and multi-state experience is preferred.
- Claims Management experience (Workers’ Compensation, General Liability, and Auto Liability). Captive insurance program experience preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of environmental regulations and policies.
- Very Competitive Salary
- Senior Management Bonus Plan
- 401(k) matching
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Generous PTO (paid time off) and Nine Paid Holidays
- Life, AD&D, Short-term & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Work within A FUN, collaborative culture
Amount of Travel Required: Initially, there will be more travel/trips to facilities located outside of the St. Louis area. The average is 25%-30%.
For our corporate customer, Safety is always their number one priority, and this role is required to understand and comply with OSHA guidelines. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to wear appropriate PPE, such as: steel toe/safety toe boots, hard hat, eye protection and ear protection. More details will be provided to candidates during interviews.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying